News for 22nd May: WPP to Announce BrandZ™ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands
April 23, 2012
Seventh edition will reveal how the world’s biggest brands have fared in a tough year for business
WPP is to unveil the 2012 rankings from the BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands on May 22.
This year’s top 100 listing – commissioned from Millward Brown Optimor by WPP – will highlight the continuing impact of recession, the on-going rise of technology and the growing power of the emerging markets.
In addition, the accompanying analysis will also be identifying a number of themes that have emerged in the last 12 months and are having a dramatic impact on brand and business performance.
On May 22 BrandZ will reveal:
- who are this year’s most valuable global brands
- which market sectors have the greatest brand value
- how changes in consumer behavior are impacting brand and business success
We can provide you with:
- Interviews on the day or in advance under embargo with brand experts (including senior executives) from Millward Brown to discuss the ranking, key themes that emerge from the results.
- Details of the ranking, which includes the brand value of the Top 100 brands in the world as well as details of the biggest players in key market sectors.
- Background on the growing importance of brand to a business’s bottom line – in particular how brands can be leveraged to make businesses more resilient in difficult economic times.
- Background on how consumers have changed their shopping habits and whether they continue to value brands or not.
Peter Walshe, Global BrandZ Director at Millward Brown, who managed the research said; “Every year the BrandZ analysis shows just how important brand value can be to delivering excellent business performance in times of uncertainty. BrandZ’s insights into what it takes to grow brand and business performance in 2012 will be vital information for CEOs and CMOs looking to insulate their company from the storms in the economy going forward.”
MB Press Releases